I was about to head off to bed shortly but when I realized that one of my favorite blogs, All Work and No Play Makes Mommy Go Something Something, nominated me with a “When Life Hands You Lemons” blog award, I decided to put this post together really quickly…seeing how many of my favorite blogs were already nominated.
Thank you, Kimberly! =)
The rules for this award are simple:
I am to thank the giver of the award and link to their blog (see above). I am supposed to share 5 things about myself. And I am supposed to link to 5 new blogging recipients of my choosing and notify them.
1. I am an ABC…or American-Born Chinese. Because Mandarin Chinese was the only thing my parents spoke to me for the first seven years of my existence, I can speak Mandarin Chinese fluently. I am very proud of my ethnicity. But all my life I’ve found myself to be caught somewhat “on the fence,” so to speak. Neither completely Chinese–like a lot of people I know who are born overseas and come to the states in their teens–nor completely Americanized–like the so-called “bananas” or “twinkies” or yellow on the outside and white on the inside.
2. I love to travel. I really LOVE warm weather and blue water–and being able to kayak and snorkle–and I can REALLY use them both right now. Getting tired of the cold weather!
3. Speaking of warm weather and blue water, I dream of sailing in the BVI someday with my family. Before I settled down, I used to do 1-week cruises through the cruising club of the Offshore Sailing School as much as I could afford and find time to do. I sailed the Whitsunday Islands of Australia, one way from St. Lucia to Grenada, and the Abacos Islands of the Bahamas. Nowadays, the cruising club doesn’t do these trips any longer, unfortunately.
4. I love music and dance. The former I appreciate through singing (I used to sing in choirs from the time I was in elementary school til a few years after I graduated from college and became a member of The Collegiate Chorale in New York City) and watching Broadway musicals. The latter I appreciate through watching (not dancing myself, since I never learned how to dance) the spectacular moves of dancers on such shows like “So You Think You Can Dance” and “Groovaloos.” My favorite dance styles are contemporary and hip hop.
5. I am a rather sentimental person…and as such, I tend to hold onto a lot of things that cause my house to be rather cluttered. Yes, I am a clutter-bug. I find it hard to even part with old Christmas cards I’ve received through the years. And that would be a lot of cards because each year I get a lot (since I send a lot). I can’t throw anything out. I’d rather have garage sales and ask my brother to sell things through e-Bay than throw any possessions out. Oh, and did I mention that I’m a recycling fanatic? I recycle all paper products (probably types of papers I’m not supposed to recycle), all plastic, all glass, all cans. I get REALLY bent out of shape when I see a recyclable item in the regular garbage can at work. I will reach into the garbage can, take out that item(s), and throw it into the proper bin.
* * * * * * *
Now for my choices…all of which are wonderful women! In no particular order…
PPD Survivor (author Kristin Davis and fellow college alumna – I have to thank her again for motivating me to start my blog in the first place!)