I don’t usually blog two days in a row, but I wanted to acknowledge the Kreativ Blogger award I received and thank the lovely person who gave it to me: Lori over at the I Can Grow People blog. Thank you, Lori!!! 🙂
Here are the award rules:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Give a thank you shout out to the lovely person who bestowed the Major Award upon you (check)
3. Pass the award on to seven people who you think deserve the title of Kreativ Blogger. Here are my seven, in no particular order (since I’m joining late, most of those to whom I wanted to give this award have already received it from someone else…but hey, that’s okay):
4. Name seven things about yourself that others don’t know. Okay, let’s think. I’ve already shared a few things about myself for the first time for the last award I received, When Life Hands You Lemons. Gee. Um. Well, here goes:
Like Lori, I also don’t wear makeup. I used to wear more when I was younger, but with my allergies, which have gotten worse over the years (with age, thank you very much), I only wear blush, lip gloss and eyeliner on limited (like for the rare party) occasions. Can probably count those occasions on 2 hands throughout a given year.
I only drive European cars. Am about to say goodbye to my Saab 9-3 😦 on Saturday. I’ve had my Saab for nearly 6 years and of all the cars I’ve ever had the pleasure of owning, this one was by far my most favorite!
I’ve always been a much stronger writer than speaker. I find as many opportunities to use my writing (inc. laying out newsletters in MS Publisher), photographic (for example, I took > 600 photos during our last big vacation in Athens and Santorini, Greece in < 5 days), and event-planning capabilities (I’ve helped friends/family members plan weddings).
I love handmade jewelry that you can only usually get at craft shows. Once I discovered the beautiful work of these talented crafts people (and I go to about 3 different shows twice a year), I don’t buy jewelry from department stores anymore.
I love wildlife, especially dolphins, whales, seals, sea turtles, penguins and the like. I admire what the Sea Shepherd is trying to accomplish, and their bravery. I was thrilled at the opportunity to board and tour the Steve Irwin while it was docked at Chelsea Piers in NYC. Here’s a photo of me in the Cap’n’s chair:
My favorite food is noodles….any type (spaghetti, lasagna, baked ziti, ramen, udon, yaki soba, pho, lo mein, chow fun, mai fun, pad thai, pad kee maw…you get the picture) and any cuisine (Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, Italian, etc.). YUM! 🙂
I commute 5 days a week into NYC. I hate rude commuters, with my top pet peeves being: 1) people who constantly knee or kick the back of your seat while you’re on the bus/train (this applies to planes as well), 2) people who constantly reach into their purse or coat pocket, elbowing you each time, 3) people who are not mindful of their bags/backpacks that smack you in the head as they walk down the bus/train aisle or having them dig into you as you’re standing in the subway.
5. Don’t forget to notify your seven bloggers about their award and post a link to their blog (check)