As the freezing weather begins–my least favorite time of the year–I wanted to do what I usually like to do in November, the month of thanks. It shouldn’t just be a day of thanks on Thanksgiving Day. Then again, it also shouldn’t just be a month of thanks, either. But hey, it’s better than just the one day, right?
- I’m grateful for my family’s health.
- I’m grateful for my family’s home and the town we live in.
- I’m grateful for my job, even though sometimes I want to lose my mind from the stress it causes.
- I’m grateful for my daughter’s first college app submission (yes, she’s about to go to COLLEGE…how is that even possible????); the rest should come easier.
- I’m grateful for the irises that graced our garden late this fall (thanks to the warm weather), even though the freeze wiped them out earlier this week.
- I’m grateful for simple pleasures, like flowers and all that nature has to offer that I can see and take pictures of.
- I’m grateful for being able to enjoy the occasional pleasure of a concert, Broadway show, dinner out with friends, and travel.
- I’m grateful for my friendships over the years.
- I’m grateful for being given the opportunity to create booklets, flyers, etc. with Canva; it’s another outlet for me besides writing.